Thursday, September 26, 2013

Paleo....

I'm trying to go Paleo just to see if I get any results. I made meatballs with spaghetti squash. I'm not a pasta fan anyway, so I have to say I like this much better than spaghetti. Because I cannot tolerate salicylic acid and tomato sauce has a high concentration of it, I made a sauce out of sauteed onions, mushroom and organic bell pepper. I then made meat balls.(just meat and spices) and topped it on about 1/2 cup spaghetti squash.
I have some meatballs left so I'm having them for lunch today.

Breakfast was just scrambled eggs and I had one of the figs. I made a little salad out of peeled cucumbers and celery with salt, pepper and a little apple cider vinegar.

I made this breakfast to one add more vegetables into my day and 2 to get more protein. With all my weight lifting at boot camp, I think it will be beneficial.

I read a nice article on Primal Bliss Nutrition. You just have to subscribe to them and they will send free articles. This one is 5 steps to becoming eat paleo. I forgot the exact name. So I am following step 1. The main point I got is to be prepared. I got home at 12:45 and have to leave soon. I don't have time to make anything Paleo. Instead of giving in and eating packaged food, I have left overs from last night that I saved for a quick lunch. Oh yeah, I got Step 1 (: (it couldve been step 2, I did read ahead).

No comments:

Post a Comment