Monday, September 9, 2013

My Plan

Okay,
I decided that the first step of my nutrition plan will be to plan my weeks meals. I have always intended to do this and haven't yet. I don't need to plan breakfast, lunch, dinner, because I always do well with breakfast. Then I don't plan lunch and either skip it or eat something standing at the fridge and then eat dinner too late.
I am going to plan a main meal that I eat as a late lunch ( I am never ready to eat lunch at 12:00). I will also plan a light meal that can be eaten in the early evening to keep me from pigging out at night.
Its really hard to come up with a plan. So, my husband suggested we have an outline for each day of the week and then look up a recipe that  fits that.

1. Meat dish
2. Stew/Soup
3. Explore the world
4. Simple no cook day
5. Iranian food
6. Main dish Salad
7. Free day
The free day doesn't mean eat like crazy, but it may sushi at a restaurant, going to someone's house for dinner, or leftovers. However, still keeping to basic nutrition principles i.e. eating protein, fruits and veggies, and skipping snacky foods like chips, french fries and cookies.

This weeks menu that I am going to try to stick to, I am going to stick to is:

Grilled New Zealand Lamb Chops. (They are pretty small so I will have 3) along with Shirazi Salad and yogurt cucumber salad ( my garden cucumbers are crazy. / light meal - olive, walnut tapenade with celery sticks.
Tuesday - Avocado Veggie Gazpacho/paleo chocolate milk shake
Wednesday - Chicken with Figs and mint/mango smoothie
Thursday - Heirloom tomato salad (Heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil) with hummus, carrot and celery sticks and left over chicken from night before./cinnamon apple tidbits and cashews with unsweetened almond milk (like a paleo- cereal)
Friday- Ghormeh Sabzi and rice for the rest of the family to eat./ stuffed grape leaves
Saturday- Whole Hearted Salad/ pesto stuffed mushrooms
Sunday- Free day

I got to go now, my 5 year old son is having a tantrum because his dad took him to the barber shop for a hair cut and not the kids cuts shop. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment