Monday, September 9, 2013

Lamb Chops



So I made my first main meal of the week. Lamb chops, Shirazi Salad and cucumber yogurt. I drank Perrier, because I don't drink soda or juice. I'm going to get started on making my light meal before I get the kids from school. when we get home after my daughters orchestra it will be close to 5 and it will be much easier not to nosh on stuff standing in front of the fridge if my light meal of the day is ready. I barbequed my kids burgers while I grilled the lamb chops so I have part of their dinner ready. I'll throw together another salad for them later.



Shirazi Salad

Servings: 2

2 Persian cucumbers (peeled) or 1 large cucumber
1 Heirloom tomato ( or tomato of your choice, you can use a cup of grape tomatoes if you like)
1/2 purple onion.

Chop them all around the same size. Its up to you. I always intend small dice and then my tomato ends up being larger chunks.
Drizzle with olive oil, fresh squeezed lime juice (I like only half a lime), and a handful of crumbled feta.
Salt to taste.
We added a few chunks of watermelon to this salad and it was a good choice. Loved it.
Cucumber Yogurt:
Servings 2-4

1 Persian cucumber or 1/2 regular cucumber
1 cup yogurt
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 squeeze of  lime juice
chop the cucumber in a medium dice
mix with yogurt
mix in olive oil
squeeze lime juice
salt to taste




No comments:

Post a Comment