Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Painting ugghh!

So I'm trying to paint my living room and bathroom all alone. There are about a million holes to patch up and it says I have to let it dry for 24 hours before I can do a second coat or paint. So tomorrow, I will just see holes that are not all the way filled and then have to patch those again and then wait another day to paint. The problem is that I cannot handle my house in this disarray for much longer. Another issue is taping. I cannot reach the ceiling to tape also I cannot seem to make a straight line with this stuff. And for the base boards, how the hell is that done? The carpet covers half of them. Do I take them off to paint them? I don't know how to take them off? This doesn't have much to do with nutrition or fitness but I am staying home from the gym to do this so this will be my activity for the next few days....
Oh and the husband is absolutely no help.....

 It is really hard to stick to a weekly menu. That was my main goal, but here is the issue: If I come up with a menu I don't want to eat it by the time it comes around. I put th is fish dish up for last week and I went to Whole Foods thinking I can get some good fish. At Whole Foods, I spent 60$ on things I don't need (they didn't have the kelp noodles for my Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup, I used regular noodles and now they are too soggy and I don't want to eat the rest of my giant pot of soup that is otherwise really good). Anyway, I ended up making chicken cutlets instead of the crusted fish. My kids like the fish though. I need to make a menu for the rest of this week and I have no ideas. Total brain fart here.

Here's a yummy salad I threw together yesterday though. Eggs, carrots, apples, lettuce, and balsamic vinegar with olive oil

Tonight I'm thinking of making KooKoo sabzi, its an Iranian quiche. That's the only way I can think to describe it. It's made of greens (green onion and parsley, spinach and kale if you like, I don't) Zereshk (sour berries) and eggs and then you sautee it on a pan until its cooked through and fllip it to make both sides kinda crunchy. My kids like it. I serve it up with pickles (that I made myself!) and tomatoes (had to pick them all from the garden because of the frost, must use them now). The non-Paleo part is you eat it with plain yogurt and bread, which I will be skipping for myself.

I'm still thinking about what else to make for the rest of the week. I will update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment